My 33rd Birthday was yesterday!
A few facts about me at this point in my life:
I weigh 115, which is the least I've weighed for a very long time. (I found my first driver's license the other day from when I was 16 and I weighed 130 and I was an inch shorter!)
I am a year away from being debt free (except for the house).
I am now a yellow belt in Shotokan Karate.
I'm the healthiest I've been...probably ever.
I play World of Warcraft regularly. :)
Yesterday morning started with scrambled eggs and blueberry muffins made by my husband.
The kids and I went to karate at noon. My brother called me from work (he owns a business where he travels to different schools and daycares and is their music teacher/entertainer :) ). He had the kids from wherever he was teaching at the time sing Happy Birthday to me. It was super cool! It made me very happy.
Lunch was typical...sandwich.
But after lunch, Eric and I went to Marie Callender’s to pick up a pie. I had won a pie a few weeks ago on their website and was saving the certificate for my birthday. I finally chose a German Chocolate pie. Yum!

For dinner we went to Red Robin. When we were looking at the menu things got really uncomfortable. I told Nathan and Alison that I wanted them to order from the kid’s menu. I did have a coupon for a free birthday burger for me, but this meal was still going to be pretty expensive. The both balked. They wanted specialty burgers from the adult menu. After talking to them about maybe splitting a burger...after thoughts that maybe we should just get up and go home before we ordered...I decided that we would just deal with the larger bill and let them order what they wanted. After the food arrived, things got a lot more comfortable. Phew!
Nathan had a bacon cheeseburger (ketchup and lettuce only!), Alison a chicken teriyaki burger (hold the mayo, lettuce, tomato, and cheese!), Alexander a cheeseburger, Eric a Royal Red Robin burger (it has an egg on top!), and me...a teriyaki burger (no mayo). We also had two freckled lemonades (strawberry lemonades with slices of strawberry) and a few sodas. The bill was about $50 after tip and my coupon. Yikes! At least, I only ate half of mine so I have lunch for today. :)
We may have to rethink the birthday Red Robin thing. With the kids getting bigger and bigger, the bill is getting bigger and bigger!
The next birthday to celebrate is Alexander. He'll be 13!!! Yikes! My first teenager.
I'm 33, but I still feel quite young. I think part of it is my very casual lifestyle. I don't work outside the house so I almost never dress up. I've never owned a briefcase. I don't have high heels. My mom was quite different at my age. She was on her second marriage. (I am on my first...and only one :D ) She worked full time outside of the house.... briefcase, pantyhose, suit...
Interesting.

1 Comments:
Hey Jen-E-Fer,
I LUUV your blog! Thanks for telling about your B-Day! I'm a big dork for not getting you anything. Getting together has been tough to do, but it's not impossible! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home